Specialized Insurance Coverage

Your home, whether it is a house or mobile home, is one of the most valuable assets you can own. You want to be sure the coverage you choose is adequate. Mobile homes are constructed differently than the traditional home and typically not attached to a permanent foundation, thus require specialized homeowner coverage. Like a homeowner policy, VT mobile home insurance protects the home, other structures and your personal property from covered perils such as fire, lightning, wind storm, burglary or vandalism. It also provides the necessary personal liability to protect you from lawsuits or judgments you become legally responsible for. Before the unexpected happens, turn to Holden Insurance for securing the right insurance protection.

Modular Home vs. Manufactured Home

Modular homes are pre-fabricated and then transported to be assembled by contractors on site and usually to a permanent foundation. Manufactured homes are constructed entirely in a factory, fixed to a steel chassis and not attached permanently. When discussing your insurance requirements it is important that you are clear about the type of construction so the proper coverage can be placed for your specific home.

Some of the factors that make up mobile home insurance rates are:
  • Where you live – higher land values, incidents of severe storms, crime rate
  • Type of Mobile Home – single or double wide
  • Age of the home – older homes have an inherent risk of weather and fire damage incidents
  • Personal property amount – how much contents coverage you require
  • Deductible – a higher deductible will yield a lower premium rate
  • ACV or RC – some policies offer a choice of insuring the home as actual cash value or replacement cost

Insuring a mobile home is a necessary expense and we can help you reduce the cost. We invite you to consult with one of our personal insurance specialists about mobile home insurance in VT.