Specialized coverage specific to the sale of alcoholic beverages.

Liquor liability is excluded from commercial general liability policies for anyone “in the business of manufacturing, distributing, selling, or serving alcoholic beverages”. A Liquor Liability Insurance policy through Holden Insurance can protect you against loss or damages resulting in a claim involving a patron of your business becoming intoxicated and injuring themselves or others. Coverage applies to bodily injury and property damage claims. In some cases, liquor liability can be added by endorsement to a BOP or CPP policy.

Any business that sells alcoholic beverages requires special liability coverage.
  • Breweries and Distilleries
  • Wineries
  • Bars and Taverns
  • Restaurants
  • Grocery and Convenient Stores
  • Liquor Stores

Host Liquor Liability

If you are hosting a wedding or private event, you can purchase a separate policy endorsed to include the liquor liability. Special host liquor liability is not excluded under personal liability or general liability and will protect you when you host events where alcohol is served for free. Keep in mind, if you rent a location you must add that location to your policy temporarily for premises liability and medical payment coverage to apply.

We understand that you may have questions about the options available. We invite you to speak with one of our commercial insurance specialists. They can walk you through the insurance shopping process so you can make an informed decision about liquor liability insurance coverage for your Vermont company. Request a free insurance cost review today!